Monday, May 17, 2010

Blessing #9 - My Husband on Our 31st Wedding Anniversary

Today, Monday, May 17, 2010, is my 31st wedding anniversary, and when you look at pictures from way back then, it is hard to believe how we have changed.
When I try to think back across the years, I find it mind boggling just how much has transpired.We saw the children through high school and college, and now they are grown and moved far from the old nest on the creek. They all have their own nests in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington. Today I not only have a husband, one daughter, and two sons, but I have added one son-in-law, two daughters-in-law, five grandsons, and one precious little granddaughter. We have all had a wonderful life together. Yes, there have been the ups and downs and the highs and lows as in any marriage, but you have been there faithfully for us throughout the years. You’re a kind, loving, and compassionate gentleman who has worked hard to care for me and the children.  You love us with all your heart, and you never complain.  You’re a devoted husband who will do anything for me and allow me to pursue anything I wish to do.The old saying...”Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can...seldom found in women, but never found in man,” is NOT true for you.  You’ve got more patience than any man I have ever known.  I wouldn’t trade you in for a newer model for all the tea in China. You’re perfect just the way you are, and I cannot imagine my life without you.  
You are the best of the best, and I thank you on this our "Big 31st" for all you do for me, for sticking by me through thick and thin, being my best friend, loving me unconditionally, and for taking such good care of me. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Sometimes I think my husband is so amazing that I don't know why he's with me. I don't know whether I'm good enough. But if I make him happy, then I'm everything I want to be.
 ~Angelina Jolie 







7 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary - here's to many more!

Your block looks great!

Smiles - Denise

paula said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

I am always amazed that when one speaks from the heart, the words, and their formation and alignment, are prefect. Just perfect

Happy 31st, and many, many more :o} Paula

Shelly said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary!

And may I say that the idea of the two squares joined together by the wedding bands is perfect. :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

What a lovely post. I like how you did the 2 squares...wonderful!
Blessings,
Debbie

creation said...

Dear Genie,
best beutifully done square.
I too agree that the joining of the two squares through the wedding band, kind of ,beautifully explains the meaning of wedding itself.
congratulations.
God Bless you both ,and let more to come .
Hugs
Rachana

genie said...

Dear Rachana, Paula, Debbie, and Shelly.....Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me about my entry. At first I thought using two squares was not copasetic, but there was no other way to pull it off. After I finished, Buddy and I both thought it was pretty sweet, and his liking it tickled me to death. I wish I had more control of my needle when doing letters and numbers, but hopefully it will come with time and perseverance. Hugs to all of you.....Genie

niels said...

another shared thing with you, having a wonderful partner ! My wife and I have been together since '76 and married in '80, around the same time as you, and we still enjoy our simple living as you and your husband do !