Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blessing #24 - My Hot Coffee in the Morning before School



   Some years ago my husband gave me the cutest pink "Life Is Good" coffee mug, and like with the other things he gives me, I consider it one of my treasures.  Every morning about 5:30, he brings me that pink cup full of hot, freshly brewed Gevalia coffee.  Needless-to-say, I am hardly awake when he deposits it on my night table, but it doesn’t take me long to start sipping away trying to force my eyes open and my brain to start functioning.  I am one of those silly people that hangs out in the bed for 45 minutes, and then has to hit the floor running in order to have time to shower, dress, and get out the door by 7:00 for my 35 mile drive up I-81 - the truckers’ favorite route / the driver’s nightmare -  to my school.  Without him and that coffee, I do not think I could make it....remember, I am 71, and I am still going to that classroom everyday!  Really, Genie, surely it is going to be time to retire before too much longer!!!!! Thank you , Buddy, again and again for being so faithful with that coffee.  It is my Blessing #24.

“A morning without coffee is like sleep.”
~Annonomous

                      

4 comments:

tongfengdemao said...

Sometimes I wish I liked coffee just so I'd have something to wake me up in the morning. How cute to make the mug out of French knots. I never would have thought of that. Is it flowery? That's what it makes me think. I consider all my husband's gifts treasures, too. He retired at 69, but I think he should have waited until 75. It wasn't his idea, though.

~Faith
Sew Many Blessings
Needle & Fabric Art

paula said...

Not a coffee drinker . . .but LOVE to wake up to the smell of coffee . . .a wonderful memory of Mom's coffee brewing in the morning.

But . . .I am a lay in bed and then hit the floor running" type.

When I was teaching I had the radio alarm (HATE ringing alarms . . I am irritated all day by being so rudely awakened) set for 5:30 am so I could be up and moving at 6:30 to be at school before 7:50.

I just LOVE that slow wake up in the morning . . a blessing in itself.

Whoops . . .I think I have another blessing for my sampler :0}

Denise said...

My husband is the coffee drinker in our home. I love the smell. I'm more of a hot chocolate drinker myself.

I am the type of person who awakes before the alarm goes off (I hate hearing them too) and heads straight the the shower. I should say Mon-Fri.

But, I get up 2 hours before start time to shower, eat, mosey around, and drive 25 minutes to work.

Love the cup and your blessing - and bless you for still teaching at 71! Goodness - those kids would be the death of me!

Smiles - Denise

Beansieleigh said...

Awww.. This is the sweetest cup of coffee!!.. And your "buddy" is very sweet to bring it to you every morning like this!.. Love your square, and how you bordered it. I have not been too creative in bordering any of my squares yet, and I've been wanting to.. I don't know why I haven't. I guess I just forget that minor, but very pretty and creative detail!! (0; Regardless, all I know is that I'm enjoying this project very much for a number of reasons! It's good for me.. and for all of us, I'm sure!.

Enjoy this beautiful Summer day.. OH!.. AND your Summer Vacation too, as my daughter, who is also a teacher, is just beginning HERS!!! ~tina