Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blessing #28 - “Trouble"



“Trouble” is the name of Buddy’s beloved yellow and white cat, and Buddy is the only person with whom he interacts.  He hides under Bud’s bed when anyone comes into the house. He will NOT go outside under any conditions. Once the bed is fully made in the morning, there will suddenly appear a big lump... that is Trouble snoozing away his day under ALL the covers. Somehow he wiggles his way in under the bedspread, blanket, and top sheet. He insists on being fed both either in the washroom or in Bud’s room and it is his choice. He demands his treats be given out whenever he starts crying, and the crying is so loud he gets his way immediately. When Trouble is ready for Bud to get up in the morning and feed him, he bites on his face and nose. My husband has had treasured pets through our 31 years together, but Trouble is different from all the others.  The two of them talk to one another in their own little language, and they play together like two little kids. I cannot  imagine Buddy without his sidekick.  The cat brings him so much love and pleasure and that works both ways. I am basically a non-being in Trouble’s mind. The only time he’ll even acknowledge me is when Buddy is gone, and he’s out of water. Then he’ll come poking over to me - but not too close - crying his loudest. Once I replenish the water bowl he disappears back under the covers until Buddy gets home. Pets are wonderful to have, but this cat is a particular blessing because Buddy adores him so.  I love watching the two of them together...it always makes me giggle. Trouble is the best cat in the whole wide world, my husband adores him, and for those reasons I have given him the honor of being designated as Blessing #28.

"Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man.”
~Paul Gray



6 comments:

Cherry Chick said...

I like "trouble". ;-)

genie said...

Kinda thought you would.....Genie

linda said...

Hehe...very cute stitching! Trouble is necessary! :)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Genie! Love your square, and this post is so cute! I know someone who's cat crawls under the covers of a bed too, and I get the biggest kick. There's this beautifully made bed, and a big lump in the middle of it! I've never seen a cat DO this, until just this year, and now I hear YOUR cat does this TOO?! Oh, to see it is just so funny, and I am giggling just thinking about it!!!.. Love the name Trouble too. (It's one of my favorite songs by Travis Tritt!)... Have a great weekend! ~tina

tongfengdemao said...

Except for the under the covers part, my cat, Llyan is sort of like that with me. She definitely would like everyone else, especially my son and his 2 cats, not to exist, but she's too fearful to ignore them completely. Trouble sounds, and your square is, adorable!

Mary said...

Trouble sounds like a wonderful cat :-) I have three of the furry monsters and two of them like my husband better than me :-( Very cute square....look forward to the whole project.